My Photo
Name:
Location: Amakusa-machi, Kumamoto, Japan

09 October 2006

Ooop! An addition to the preceding post.

Hmm, I got so into my undokai stories that I completely forgot to write about the ipod! This is the best story ever! At Shimodakita shougakko, the teacher in charge of me is a girl my age, (she's 25 I believe) and we get along really well in spite of the language barrier. I was at Shimodakita a few weeks ago and had some time off between classes, so we were chatting about how the school's undokai had gone etc. She took out her digital camera to show me some pics and I just loved the camera! (It was small, with a huge screen, and it was red! Neat!) I'm thinking about getting a new camera while I'm here, so I was asking her where she bought it and talking about how much I want to buy some cool gadgets while I'm here. I said something to the effect of, "I really want to buy a new digital camera while I'm here, they're so cool! I want to get an ipod too, I've been wanting an ipod for a while" to which Tabuchi-sensei replied, "Oh? You want an ipod? I have one that I won and don't use, do you want it?" She absolutely insisted that I take this aweseom ipod nano off her hands because it'd been sitting in her desk drawer for several months and she just never used it. Can you believe it?! A free ipod nano, just like that! I almost fell out of my chair! I was so excited that I was literally bouncing around, so falling out of the chair was an actual concern! :-P The only small problem is that everything is in Japanese... but I can read some of the katakana, so I've uploaded my music and I use it everyday! This is one reason why I really like Japan, Amakusa-machi especially. The people are so nice and go giving, they will give you almost anything if they know it'll make you happy. What a great town! Now... if only it had a shopping mall. I'd kill for some retail therapy! ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizz said...

Woot! A free iPod that's so exciting! What color is it? I'm sure you can change the language...just go into the Settings section, and you should be able to select English.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home